Below are a variety of programs that offer assistance for breast cancer patients:
- Alliance in Reconstructive Surgery (AiRS) – Because restorative breast surgery is such a vital part of total physical and emotional healing for many breast cancer survivors, the Alliance in Reconstructive Surgery (AiRS) wants to educate women about their reconstruction options. Most breast cancer survivors who have had a complete or partial mastectomy are candidates for breast reconstruction. AiRS works in partnership with physicians in the United States, providing the resources necessary to make this surgery an option for women who would not otherwise have access to breast reconstruction. They partner with health care providers, health care centers and other groups to promote this service and teach other professionals and educators to carry on this work while supporting advances in health care research.
- Breast Cancer Resource Center of Texas (BCRC) -For more than 20 years, and through generous community support, all programs and services through the Breast Cancer Resource Center are offered free of charge to anyone affected by breast cancer regardless of income, ethnicity, education, sexual orientation, or social support. BCRC strives to embody understanding, preserve dignity, and always see the woman as well as the disease. The BCRC believes no one should face breast cancer alone. It is a place to ask questions, explore options, and connect with a diverse community of survivors, lifers, and thrivers who can relate in a way no one else can.
- Cancer Rehab Austin – Cancer Rehab Austin is Austin’s first and only specialty outpatient oncology rehab clinic. CRA provides a multidisciplinary approach to healing and recovery for those dealing with cancer and pelvic floor issues. CRA offers individualized, one-on-one, patient-centered relationships in a unique, warm, and sensitive environment.
- Flatwater Foundation – Dedicated to providing mental health resources to those facing a cancer diagnosis, the Flatwater Foundation provides both traditional and non-traditional methods of psychological counseling and family support to patients, their families and loved ones.
- Wonders and Worries – For over 16 years, Wonders and Worries has provided the foundation children and teenagers need to reach their full potential even though a parent may be going through an illness. Through individual and group therapy sessions, kids learn about illness and build coping and communication skills.